NORTHERN COUNTIES SHIH TZU CLUB
5 APRIL 2014
My thanks to the Committee for the invitation to judge and for their hospitality. Thank you also to my stewards and to the exhibitors for bringing their lovely dogs along – it was truly a high quality entry.
Minor Puppy Dog (5:2)
1. Scott’s Santosha Ladykiller G/W almost 9 months old. Very nicely made all through and has the most lovely head and expression. Good length of rib and well set on tail, good on the move.
2. Anderton’s Pekoe One Direction Lovely baby, full of confidence. He has a good head, appealing expression and well laid shoulders; level topline and good angulated rear.
3. Casentiere’s Alchez Coeur De Lion
Puppy Dog (11:1)
1. Hitt’s Miracey All Guns Blazin Well made puppy, masculine head with dark eye and good mouth. Well bodied; nice reach of neck; good rib and level topline. Heavily coated and immaculately presented. BPD
2. Quick’s Minfaa Rebel Rouser Another beautiful boy who had all the attributes of No 1, but just needs more confidence – well worth persevering with him.
3. Diffey’s Cloughlea I’m A Believer For Marhilway
Junior Dog (6 :0)
1. Johnson’s Keytor All That Jazz Exciting young dog and he is as good to go over as he looks from the ringside. Masculine head with soft expression and dark expressive eyes that seem to look right into your soul. Excellent neck, shoulder placement and rear angulation which gives him super movement. Correctly ribbed, with good muscle and well set on tail. He is so mature in appearance that it is easy to forget that he is still a very young dog. Delighted to award him his second CC, I can’t imagine that the third is very far away. DCC
2. Dolphin’s Dolha’s Gingerbread Man Soundly constructed gold, well boned and bodied, lovely head with a melting expression. Just needs time and show experience.
3. Moore’s Paliden Make Me a Star via Jaxtzu
Maiden Dog (3:0)
1. Pekoe One Direction
2. Jones’ Carlita Dare To Win Young dog in good coat, well balanced head to tail, but slightly higher on leg. Well presented and shown.
3. Smith’s Isishouse Anubis
Novice Dog (3:0)
1. Cloughlea I’m A Believer for Marhilway 3rd in a strong puppy class. Beautiful head and expression with dark expressive eyes, good mouth and nose placement. Very soundly made; good bone, moved well and is really coming into his own.
2. McCarrick’s Shorestar Moulin Rouge Of Polmac Solid Gold/Brindle presented to perfection. Nicely constructed, level topline which he kept on the move. Good bone and body, just preferred the expression of No 1.
3. Everall’s Wharfeview The Candy Man
Special Beginners Dog (4:0)
1. Paliden Make Me A Star via Jaxtzu Very confident young man, with a good head and appealing expression. He has a nice reach of neck and balance and obviously has a good rapport with his handler which showed on the move.
2. Yeoman’s Hongchue Gallant Hero ShCM Striking black/white in fabulous well presented coat. He has an appealing expression and is soundly made with good bone – he has everything to enable him to move well, but lacked enthusiasm.
3. Briggs’ Warathwaite Prince Vegas
Graduate Dog (6:1)
1. Bradshaw & Symonds’ Cremefern Sweet Talkin Guy JW Quite the extrovert and gave his handler a hard time! Maturing well. Good head and expression; well bodied with good spring of rib and nice shape.
2. Morris’ Tsantha Barley Sugar At Sazkey G/W with a beautiful head and expression, dark eyes and wide jaw. He is well made, with good bone, level topline – I would like more body.
3. Moore’s Shionah Apollo With Jaxtzu
Post Graduate Dog (5:0)
1. Chadwick’s Tsantha Happy As Larry With Hajenza My notes say “has attitude” and that he had in abundance. He has a lovely head, was correctly constructed with good body, deep chest and hard muscle. Well balanced and good flowing movement.
2. Waring & Roberts’ Tameron Mr Topman At Kationer Another who knows he is great. Masculine head with an oriental expression. Good head/tail balance, well sprung ribs and overall he is very well made. Moved with style and drive.
3. Grugan’s Jardhu Yenroc William Of Orange
Limit Dog (9:1)
1. Sommers’ Miracey Hotter than Hell at Meilijo JW A dog I liked very much when I judged the last time. Nothing exaggerated; lovely expression, masculine but soft. Good shoulder placement and well sprung rib. Nicely balanced, good bone and body and moved with enthusiasm. He has grown up and he and his handler make a great team. Res DCC
2. Morris’ Tsantha Walk N On Sunshine Over Sazkey Gorgeous head with such an arrogant expression. Well placed shoulders, nicely ribbed and boned body. Moved well, but preferred the rear action of No 1.
3.Diffey’s Marhilway The Edge Factor JW
Open Dog (5:0)
1. Grugan’s Puzzle The Penpusher By Jardhu G/W who presented a lovely picture. Mature boy, shown in beautiful coat. Has a good head and such an arrogant expression. Well boned, bodied and muscled with a good reach of neck. Moved out well.
2. Murrell’s CH Just Dandy From Krisquest Another with everything to like, sweet yet masculine expression, He is well made, with good bone, level topline and well let down chest. Stylish mover.
3. Hitt’s Miracey Rough Rider
Veteran Dog (2:1)
1. Robert’s CH. Brownhills My Choice This boy doesn’t know the meaning of “Veteran”. Good head and soft expression (although I would prefer top knot slightly further forward!). Very good shape and body and moved so well.
Minor Puppy Bitch (8:1)
1. Brown’s Camelle Chocolate Mousse At Rossvale (Imp Fin) A little charmer! The most beautiful of heads, dark eyes with a hint of mischief; well boned and bodied for her age; nicely balanced and moved with the confidence of a much older puppy. Could not be denied her award. BPIS
2. Grugan’s Lashemalts Princess Heart Jardhu Another lovely baby, again everything just right for her age, just needs maturity.
3. Scott’s Honeyshuchors Daddy’s Girl
Puppy Bitch (8:0)
1. Thompson’s Miracey Celebrity Dancer At Trandella A puppy I have admired from the ringside. She is up to size, but is so sound, with that “look at me” quality. Balanced both standing and on the move; shown to perfection.
2. Quick’s Miracey Twist N Shout At Minfaa Litter sister to 1; all above applies - was splitting hairs in this decision.
3. Diffey’s Marhilway Mirror Edge
Junior Bitch (8:0)
1. Casentiere’s Popeye’s Crème De La Crème JW (Imp Swe) Pleasing grey/brindle who was lovely to go over. She was well bodied, had good angulation and balance. Moved with drive and is in good coat, which was well presented.
2. Brown’s Rossvale Secret Obsession Good head with heart-melting expression. Nicely boned; firm body, well balanced. Coming into a nice coat.
3. McCarrick’s Polmac Balthasar’s Gift
Maiden Bitch (4:0)
1. Camelle Chocolate Mousse at Rossvale
2. Marks’ Tansingh Urban Angel Very pleasing head and expression. Good balance; adequate bone and body; moved and shown well.
Novice Bitch (5:0)
1. Miracey Celebrity Dancer at Trandella
2. Marks’ Tansingh When We Collide Nicely constructed, with a lovely head and expression. Very outgoing personality and good mover – just needs coat to finish the picture.
3. Marhilway Mirror Edge
Special Beginners Bitch (4:1)
1. Longstaff’s Shihmali Appleby Fair Not a glamour girl, but an honest little bitch with a good head, body and well angulated. Could have been more enthusiastic on the move.
2. Polmac Balthasar’s Gift
3. Briggs’ Warathwaite Ice Princess
Graduate Bitch (4:0)
1. Williams’ Diamond Diva At Paliden Solid gold with typical arrogance for this colour. Lovely head with a melting expression; well boned, bodied and muscled. Moved well.
2. Roberts’ Zuthis Bewitching Smaller in type but with plenty of bone and substance. Feminine head and expression, well balanced.
3.Taylor’s Isishouse Nefertiti
Post Graduate Bitch (5:1)
1. Grugan’s Mattadam Golden Gift To Jardhu Solid gold with a lovely expression. Well made body, with nice proportions head/tail. Massive coat, which was well presented.
2. Casentiere’s Alchez’s Lady Million Nicely balanced girl with a lovely head and expression. Good muscle tone and well bodied; just coming into coat.
3. Marks’ Tansingh All You Need Is Love
Limit Bitch (13:1)
1. Barker & Nauls’ Lord Div’s She’s My Dream By Wynele (Imp Swe) Another lovely solid gold with fantastic head and expression. Very good body, well sprung ribs and good angulation which gave sound, driving action. Lovely high tail set completed the picture.
2. Dolphin’s Cloughlea One Step Beyond Dolha (IKC) Lovely bitch, needs to be handled to be fully appreciated. Well put together, with ample bone and rib. Moved strongly and with style; just preferred the balance of 1.
3. Jones’ Miracey Star Dancer For Carlita JW ShCM
Open Bitch (4:0)
1. Hitt’s CH Miracey Fruity Kisses This lady has matured and fulfilled the promise she had when I last judged her. Most lovely head and expression; dark eyes, pigment and excellent mouth. Good reach of neck, well placed shoulders, good spring of ribs and well muscled and angulated rear end. Balanced outline and very stylish and arrogant action. BCC & BIS
2. Diffey’s CH She’s Got The Edge ShCM Beautiful pretty head with dark eye and good mouth. Well boned with good angulation and lovely balance. Moved with style, keeping her outline. A very worthy, newly crowned, Champion.
3. Russell & Evans’s CH Rosaril Snogs And Snuggles At Matsuba
Veteran Bitch (No entries)
Glenda Gilkes (Judge)