Northern Counties Shih Tzu Club
Saturday 4th November 2017
Judge : Mr Sigurd Wilberg
Best in Show - Ch. Tameron Miss Black Opium -Miss H Howard
Dog CC - Ch. Zamadar Majic Potion for Cedarhythe - Mr H & Miss F Clifford
Dog RCC - Honeyshuchun God of Thunder - Mrs J & Miss S Scott
Bitch CC - Ch. Tameron Miss Black Opium - Miss H Howard
Bitch RCC - Ch. Rossvale Secret Obsession - Mr & Mrs S Brown
Best Puppy in Show - Rossvale Only In Dreams - Mr S & Mrs S Brown
Best Veteran - Paliden Good As Gold - Mr P & Mrs D Williams
Minor Puppy Dog (8:2)
1. Tameron Mr Guilty Black - Miss H L Howard
2. Daltricia Kwakwali - Mrs P Maule
3. Rossvale Here Comes The Sun over Fairmere - Mr E & Mrs M Fairley
4. Tansingh Cheek To Cheek - Mrs J S Marks
5. Paliden Rockstar - Mr D Provost
Puppy Dog (3:0)
1. Suzitzu Lord Kalum of Blackgangshi - Mr W &Mrs D Kilburn
2. Rossvale Here Comes The Sun over Fairmere - Mr E & Mrs M Fairley
3. Lyndatzu Joie De Vivre - Mrs L Hey
Junior Dog (8:2)
1. Shalehan Yarik For Mifcah - Mrs M Flack
2. Middletune Wildest Charmer - Mrs F Yorke
3. Shalehan Yashron - Mrs L Hey
4. Keytor The Jazz Singer - Miss S Johnson
5. Minfaa Boy George - Mrs J Quick
Beginners Dog (1:0)
1. Shihmali Ace Of Hearts - Mrs S Longstaff
Novice Dog (4:0)
1. Tameron Mr Guilty Black - Miss H Howard
2. Suzitzu Lord Kalum of Blackgangshi - Mr W &Mrs D Kilburn
3. Daltricia Kwakwali - Mrs P Maule
4. Lyndatzu Joie De Vivre - Mrs L Hey
Yearling Dog (5:0)
1. Shalehan Yashron - Mrs L Hey
2. Minfaa Take Me To the Limit at Middletune - Mrs F Yorke
3. Jacquinta Lets Go Andy - Mrs J Sullivan
4. Paliden Sparkle and Shine - Miss F Everall
5. Honeyshuchun Sonny Boy – Mr D Provost
Post Graduate Dog (4:0)
1. Rossvale All About The Boy - Mr & Mrs S Brown
2. Carlita Reason To Dream JW - Mr S Mrs A & Miss C Jones
3. Daltricia Mondego JW ShCM - Mrs P Maule
4. Magsyor Es Eden Lais at Blackgangshi - Mr W &Mrs D Kilburn
Limit Dog (12:1)
1. Honeyshuchun God of Thunder - Mrs J & Miss S Scott
2. Wharfeview Candy Man - Miss F Everall
3. Paliden Shine Like A Star - Mr P & Mrs D Williams
4. Magracara Star Attraction - Mrs C Carpenter
5. Peekin Archie Tu - Mr & Mrs N Stevens
Open Dog (6:1)
1. Ch. Zamadar Majic Potion for Cedarhythe - Mr H & Miss F Clifford
2. Ch. Miracey All Guns Blazin - Mr M & Mrs T Hitt
3. Daltricia Wilbur Smith JW ShCM - Mrs P Maule
4. Mifcahs Making Mischief - Mrs M Flack
5. Ch. Cremefern Sweet Talkin Guy JW ShCm - Mrs J Bradshaw & Mrs M Symonds
Veteran Dog (5:1)
1. Ch. Tansingh Double Jepardy (UK, Swe) - Mrs J Marks
2. Ch. Middletune Wildest Dream JW ShCM - Mrs F Yorke
3. Peekin Tsemo-Tu - Mr & Mrs N Stevens
4. Tzusweet Super Sleuth - Miss A Doran
Minor Puppy Bitch (9:2)
1. Rossvale Only In Dreams - Mr S & Mrs S Brown
2. Minfaa Godidog Calendar Girl – Mrs J Quick
3. Paliden Inca Gold for Anbarees – Mrs A Sutton
4. Paliden Take A Chance On Me – Mrs A Sutton
5. Chanikos Galaxy of Dreams at Laurmerand - Mrs P Ritchie
Puppy Bitch (9:3)
1. Shirkeira Olivia At Middletune - Mrs F Yorke & Mrs S Keree-Bartolo
2. Katonier Secrets And Dreams - Ms K Roberts
3. Carlita Time to Samba - Miss T Jones
4. Lyndatzu Enchantment at Tzusweet - Miss A Doran
5. Lyndatzu Petit Fleur – Miss D Gardner
Junior Bitch (6:1)
1. Warathwaite Pure As Snow - Miss J Briggs
2. Chotahkees Dark Angel at Rossvale - Mr & Mrs S Brown
3. Minfaa Pocahontas - Mrs J Quick
4. Santosha Hot Lips at Malzuski - Mrs S & Mr J Scott
5. Elzu Hopes and Dreams - Mrs E Roy
Beginners Bitch (4:0)
1. Shihmali Mum’s The Word - Mrs S Longstaff
2. Zeeva Zafirah - Mrs L Hutley
3. Lyndatzu Petit Fleur – Miss D Gardner
4. Elzu Hopes and Dreams - Mrs E Roy
Novice Bitch (7:2)
1. Lyndatzu Enchantment at Tzusweet - Miss A Doran
2. Chanikos Galaxy of Dreams at Laurmerand - Mrs P Ritchie
3. Zeeva Zafirah - Mrs L Hutley
4. Peekin Miss Souza-Tu - Mr & Mrs N Stevens
5. Tameron Miss Nina at Mayofox - Mr S Bourne
Special Yearling Bitch (4:0)
1. Shalehan Yarina For Mifcah JW - Mrs M Flack
2. Zeeva Zafirah - Mrs L Hutley
3. Paliden Golden Future at Mayofox - Mr S Bourne
4. Peekin Miss Souza-Tu - Mr & Mrs N Stevens
Post Graduate Bitch (8:1)
1. Rossvales Latest Model - Mr & Mrs S Brown
2. Paliden Star Delight - Mr P & Mrs D Williams
3. Lyndatzu Coco Chanel at Marbrux - Mrs M Brooks
4. Paliden Take That to Ekland - Mrs Y Forbes
5. Rossvale Xquisite Model at Sannivek - Mr K Richardson
Limit Bitch (6:2)
1. Minfaa Dancin Cheek To Cheek at Middletune - Mrs F Yorke
2. Lyndatzu Jai Mali - Mrs L Hey
3. Shihmali Mum’s The Word - Mrs S Longstaff
4. Pekoe Surprise Surprise JW - Mrs J Anderton
Open Bitch (5:0)
1. Ch. Tameron Miss Black Opium - Miss H Howard
2. Ch. Rossvale Secret Obsession - Mr & Mrs S Brown
3. Ch. Taydale Dancin In The Stars with Cedarhythe - Mr H & Miss F Clifford
4. Ch. Miracey Fruity Kisses - Mr M & Mrs T Hitt
5. Ch. Miracey Disco Inferno - Mrs T & Mr M Hitt & Ms K Roberts
Veteran Bitch (2:0)
1. Paliden Good As Gold - Mr P & Mrs D Williams
2. Ch. Marbrux Kellis High JW - Mrs M Brooks
Below you will find my report from the Northern Shih Tzu Club’s Championship Show 4/11/17:
It is always a great pleasure to get invited to judge a breed show, so I got very excited when I was asked to do the Northern Counties Shih Tzu Club’s Championship show. You never get the same atmosphere and feeling of togetherness at an all-breed show as you do at a popular Breed show. The family feeling at the Northern was pulsating and I thoroughly enjoyed my day with some of the best Shih Tzu enthusiasts in the country. The exhibitors had given me a lovely entry and I had some first-class dogs to go over.
The standard describes the Shih Tzu as a sturdy, abundantly but not excessively coated dog with distinctly arrogant carriage and a Chrysanthemum like face. This was therefore what I was looking for when I entered the ring at Thorpe Willoughby. In males I found that quite a few heads were too feminine and some muzzles were lacking ample width. I found that body length was a problem because many were too long in loin and a few were big enough. I didn’t find many eyes which was too prominent, but I saw quite a few which were on the small side lacking the desired roundness.
One of the main weaknesses in the breed was the tail. To get a true ShihTzu look we want a high set tail with height approximately level with that of the skull. The sad news is that many breeders need to improve on their dog’s tail carriage. My late friend Roy Metcalf used to say that the tail on a Shih Tzu should be like the handle on a tea pot. I love this description.
I got the feeling that the breed is in very good hands because I was impressed by the quality of the puppies and youngsters which were shown under me. I look forward to seeing how they have developed when I judge your breed again at Bath Championship Show in 2020; assuming I still am fit and upstanding.
Minor Puppy Dog
1. Howard’s Tameron Mr Guilty Black. This is a very impressive puppy which took the ring by storm. He has attitude, type and a lovely head. He moved and showed like a ready trained champion and I am sure we will hear more from him I the future.
2. Maule’s Daltricia Kwakwali, A lovely quality dog with excellent temperament. He has a fabulous outline and a good head. He moved very well and pushed for the top spot. I did however, think the winner was better developed for his age.
3. Fairley’s Rossvale Here Comes The Sun Over Fairmere
1. Kilburn’s Suzitzu Lord Kalum of Blackgangsi, I was impressed by this dog’s presence and beautiful head. He has a nice arched neck and he moves very well, but he is slightly long in loin. An interesting dog for the future when he settles down.
2. Fairley’s Rossvale Here Comes The Sun Over Fairmere , Promising youngster with a lovely outline. Good head and expression, moves well. His bite mustn’t get more undershot.
3. Hey’s Lyndatzu Joie De Vivre,
1. Flack’s Shalehan Yarik For Mifcah, This dog gives a fabulous picture standing with a great outline.
He has a good head and lot of presence. Yes, he has his faults, but his virtues compensate for those. He moves well around the ring.
2. Another top-class dog, very similar to the winner in type and quality. He does, however, not have the same arched neck.
3. Hey’s Shalehan Yashron
1. Hey’s Shalehan Yashron, A dog of great type which I liked a lot. Good outline, moves well.
2. Yorke’s, Minfaa Take Me To The Limit at Middletune. Quality dog, similar to the winner in quality, but a bit longer in body.
3. Sullivan’s Jacquita Lets Go Andy
1. Howard’s Tameron Mr Guilty Black
2. Kilburn’s Suzitzu Lord Kalum of Blackgangsi
3. Maule’s Daltricia Kwakwali
Post Graduate Dogs
1. Brown’s, Rossvale All About The Boy, Beautiful dog with a good head and expression. Lovely outline, stands and moves well.
2. Jones’ Carlita Reason To Dream, Another quality dog which l liked a lot. It was a very close decision between the two first ones, but in the end I preferred the expression on the winner.
3. Maule’s Daltrica Mondego.
1. Scott’s Honeyshuchun God Of Thunder, What can I say except Hurrah! I fell in love with this gentleman which I could have taken home. I loved everything about him and he impressed with a fabulous head and a perfect expression. I know teeth don’t matter that much in a Shih Tzu as long as they don’t show the tongue, but you have to give a few extra points to a boy which has a perfect bite with a straight and wide under jaw. It was a joy to see God of Thunder on the move and I gave him the RCC. Looking into the stars I can’t see that it will take long before he gains his title.
2. Everall’s Wharfewview Candy Man, This gentleman is of outstanding quality and very similar to the winner in outline, but I preferred the expression on the first one.
3. Williams’ Paliden Shine Like A Star
1. Clifford’s Ch Zamadar Majic Potion for Cedarhythe, Here he was, the king of the day. He entered the ring as a colonel in command of his tropes and he never put a foot wrong. This dog is shouting Shih Tzu; his Head and tails fit the picture and he motor around the circuit like Lewis Hamilton on the F1 track. Having said that he was followed to the finishing line by God of Thunder, which was showing a slight weakness in his topline in the final race, so Majic Potion won the golden trophy. CC & RBIS.
2. Hitt’s Ch Miracey All Guns Blazin, Another top-quality show dog of high class. He is more of an American type and slightly more polished than the once I gave the top awards to, but I don’t want to take anything away from this beautifully headed and extremely well-presented dog. He did, however, have a problem with his tongue which he showed me more times than I wold have liked.
3. Maule’s, Daltrica Wilbur Smith.
1. Longstaff’s Shihmali Ace Of hearts, Dog of excellent type. He stands and moves well, but I would have like him with a better arched neck
1. Marks, Ch Tansingh Double Jepardy, A gentleman in excellent form for age. He stands and moves very well. He is one to be proud of. I wish him all the best in the years to come.
2. Yorke’s Ch Middletune Wildest Dream, Another excellent veteran in great form, but he has lost some of the drive in his movements. Having said that he is still a lovely dog.
3. Steven’s Peekin Tsemo-Tu
Minor Puppy Bitch
1. Brown’s Rossvale’s Only In Dreams. This little doll isn’t named very well because she will for sure make her marks in the real world, not only “IN Dreams”. I can see her bringing a lot of success to the Rossvale kennel. I thought she was divine. She had a beautiful head and a correct tail. She was well constructed with a magnificent temperament. What more do you want in 7 months old puppy. All I can do is to wish this future star all the best on the journey to the top. BP
2. Quick’s Minfaa Godidog Callender Girl, Here we go again, another heartbreaker which stole my heart. This puppy has got it all, but she wants more training. Having said that she moved perfectly well when she decided to do so. If this baby develops the right way she will give the owner a lot of pleasure.
3. Scott’s, Honeyshuchun Goddes of War
1. Yorke/Keree-Bartolo’s Shirkeira Olivia at Middletune. Beautiful bitch of excellent type. Good head and neck. Well developed for age and moves well.
2. Roberts’ Katonier Secrets and Dreams, Very close to the winner in quality and type, but preferred the arched neck on the winner. Moved very well.
3. Jones’ Carlita Time To Samba
1. Briggs’ Waratwaithe pure As Snow, I did say in my preamble that it was a lot of nice youngsters entered under me and here is another one. She is of excellent type with a beautiful head and she stands and moves very well
2. Brown’s Chotahkees Dark Angel At Rossvale. A bitch of quality all through, but I preferred the front of the winner.
3. Quick’s Minaffa Pocahontas.
1. Flack ‘s Shalahan Yarina to Mifcah, This bitch is dynamite, and she made a big impression on me. She has a beautiful head and expression and the truth is I could hardly get my eyes off her. She is very well constructed, and her movements were arrogant and smooth flowing. She is only 15 months and I do think that she will look even better when she loses some of her coat. I did match her up against Ch Rossvale Secret Obsession for the reserve CC and in doing so I thought she lost some of her outline because of the excessive coat.
2. Hutley’s Zeeva Zafira, Another quality bitch of excellent type, but I preferred the neck and the presence of the winner.
3. Bourne’s Paliden Golden Future at Mayofox
1. Doran’s Lyndatzu Enchantment At Tzusweet, Nice bitch of very good type. Moves well, but could have had a bit more presence.
2. Richie’s Chanikos Galaxy Of Dreams at Laurmerand, Nice bitch of good type. Moves well around, but need to strengthen up behind.
3. Hutley’s Zeeva Zafira
Post Graduate Bitch
1. Brown’s Rossvale’s Latest Model, I had problems assessing this bitch. At first, I was taken by her type, beautiful head and arched neck, but suddenly her tail carriage went wrong. She didn’t drop it, but she should have kept it tighter over her back. Being in doubt I decided to give her one more chance; can you believe it, when I asked the class to move again Latest Model’s tail carriage was perfect, so I gave her the class.
2. Williams’s Paliden Star Delight, Another bitch of very good type, She is well constructed, but I preferred the neck of the winner.
3. Brooks’ Lyndatzu Coco Chanel at Marbrux.
1. Yorke’s Minfaa Dancing Cheek to Cheek at Middletune, High class bitch of excellent type.
She has a beautiful head and a very attractive outline. She moves very well and is a great representative for the breed.
2. Hey’s Lyndatzu Jai Mali, Beautiful bitch of excellent type. Well-constructed, but she hasn’t quite got the presence of the winner.
3. Longstaff’s Shihmai Mum’s of The World.
1. Howard’s Ch Tameron Miss Black Opium, Here she was the well-dressed queen spreading joy and excitement among her friends. This is an outstanding Shih Tzu which is ticking all boxes as far as breed type is concerned. She moves arrogantly with the front legs reaching well forward and with strong rear action showing full pads. Her head is superb with an arrogant carriage and she gives a picture of complete balance and harmony. She is expertly presented and handled to perfection. It was a hard job for Miss Black to come up against Majic Potion in the greatest of form. Both these dogs move to perfection, but in the end, I thought Miss Black carried herself best and her presentation made a difference. BIS.
2. Brown’s Ch Rossvale Secret Obsession. Her is another fabulous bitch which is ticking all the right boxes. I loved everything about this outstand lady. She pushed Miss Black all the way, but in the end I preferred the expression on the winner so Secret Obsession got the RCC.
3. Clifford’s Ch Taydale Dancing in the Stars with Cedarhythe.
1. Longstaff’s Shihmali Mum’s The Word, Lovely bitch of good type, moves and stands well
2. Hutley’s Zeeva Zafira, Nice bitch of good type, but preferred the mouth of the winner
3. Gardner’s Lyndatzu Petit Fleur
1. Williams’ Paliden Good As Gold, Nice quality bitch of excellent type. She was in great form, gave a great picture standing and moved very well, she was all for me. BVET
2. Brooks’ Ch Marbrux Kelli’s High. 13 year old grandmother in good form even if age is slowing her down a bit. I wish her a few more and happy years.
The job is done, and I have as always pleased a few and disappointed others. That is unfortunate part of the game. I had some very good dogs coming under me and in my report, I have tried to explain why I made some of the very difficult choices I was faced with. I thank the Shih Tzu people for the sporty way in which they received my decisions and I wish them good luck at their future shows